THE COST OF YOUR DAILY CHOICES
FEELING STRESSED AFTER READING PART ONE?
Feeling like your life will become too restrictive, too boring, or too lacking in spontaneity? That is when remembering “YOUR WHY?” comes into play. Your why cannot be a superficial reason and more important your why should be grounded in love and not fear. It is also important to recognize and accept that some days, you will get thrown off the healthy path by unexpected circumstances, life. Having a healthy mindset and attitude will allow you to handle setbacks the right way. Knowing your why will get you back on track the next time you have to make a choice or gets you back on track a lot sooner than before.
STAYING COMMITTED WITHOUT THE STRESS
It is one thing to say you have a goal, it’s quite another thing to stay committed to achieving that goal. After years of trying to lose weight and keep it off, I finally figured out how to stay committed to consistently making the healthier choices. It begins with re-writing your STORY; using a properly functioning GPS; and employing the correct MAP. Once you have those in play, then you can get down to the nitty gritty, which must be practiced daily.
- Maintain clarity about the importance of your goal
- Employ discipline
- Practice the art of acceptance
- Set realistic goals [S.M.A.R.T. goals]
- Make sure you get enough sleep and rest daily
- Replenish your energy tank with prayer and gratitude meditation
- Know your triggers and if at all possible, avoid them
- Stay connected with people who are trying to accomplish similar goals
- Set healthy boundaries
- Have non-negotiables
- Make and keep self-promises
- Practice mindfulness, which is necessary to keep you in the moment
A HAPPIER JOURNEY WHEN YOU ARE HEALTHY
Life is more fulfilling and definitely more joyful when you are totally healthy. Despite the transient and sometimes exciting moments of pleasure you gain from the choices that are unhealthy; your quality of life is never enhanced when you are unhealthy. Stop straddling the fence, choose life, choose to be consistently healthy and live the abundant life you desire.